Job title: Sales Executive, Real Estate
Hours: 35hrs per week full time 9.00 to 5.00 Mon-Fri
Reports to: Sales and Marketing Director, Real Estate
Office location: London
Trading Division/Group Function: Real Estate
To start ASAP – Salary to be discussed and in accordance with experience
To identify, contact and develop relationships with potential new clients that generate profitable new business income for both the London and Guildford Real Estate Teams. Working with others and using the resources available within SP to offer valued service, advice and insurance to these prospects, converting them into clients.
- Identify specific clients to approach from the sales database (Sales force) and other resources.
- To participate in the decision to proceed with the new business opportunity based on information received during the reporting process.
- Organise and manage their own time in accordance with procedures in order to meet client and business requirements and timescales.
- Frequent contacts internally and externally-much of which require influencing skills to be used
- Work requires discretion and judgement. Knowledge of a variety of procedures, methods and techniques required.
- No direct management responsibility for others.
- Has specific accountability for achieving their personal sales targets in conjunction with SP Real Estate plan and targets.
- Consistent high level of quality required, with major peaks of pressure and the need to adhere to minimum performance targets.
- To participate as a member of the new business team and if chosen as project manager, co-ordinate and manage the new business process.
- Ensures highly effective delivery of client service proposition for own clients.
- Proactively promotes and achieves cross sales of non-real estate products to ensure clients full insurance needs are met by the company.
- Works effectively with Group product specialists in ensuring the client product proposition meets and exceeds expectations for clients.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Identify and qualify potential new clients.
- Make cold canvass approaches to these prospects, using letters, social media and/or telephone
- Create and maintain a meaningful database of prospects from which an annual pipeline of opportunities can flow and personal targets can be achieved and monitored.
- Develop strong working relationships, networking with others both within and outside SP, encouraging them to introduce prospective clients.
- Manage and develop relationships with prospective clients, involving others within SP as appropriate.
- Work with designated Project Manager to formulate the most beneficial strategy to secure the business.
- Participate as a member in the new business team, or project manage the reporting exercises, in order to maximise the perceived prospect benefits.
- Maximise potential income and cross-selling opportunities within SP.
- Produce monthly pipeline reports for group management reporting purposes.
- Ensure company procedures are followed, in order to adhere with both quality standards and compliance regulation, in accordance with their authority.
In addition, the jobholder may be required to perform other duties assigned by their Line and/or functional manager, as required by the needs of the business.
- Responsible for own financial performance against budget / performance metrics
- Delivers accurate MI reporting as required by Office or Divisional management.
- Responsible for the reputation of the Company in local market.
- Supports the overall Real Estate Division objectives and responds to any reasonable requests by SP management.
- Responsible for ensuring that clients are dealt with in a compliant manner (in accordance to Company regulatory and operational procedures).
Key skills and competencies:
- Eagerness to learn
- Commitment to achieve professional qualifications (ACII)
- Customer advocate
- Commercial thinking and business acumen
- Business development ethos
- Independent problem solving
- Role model for SP values and actively promotes values
- Business, Management and Leadership:
- Ability to work supportively and jointly with colleagues across the business.
- Customer/Supplier relationship and Selling:
- Excellent sales skills.
- Tenacity and resilience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) that are effective and meet business and customer needs.
- Be able to apply own judgement and experience when making decisions or speaking to clients, knowing when to refer to an appropriate expert within SP.
- Highly effective negotiation skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Recognition and understanding of client requirements and/or business trading exposures.
- Ability to continue to develop knowledge of products and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internally and externally to SP. (Training to be provided)
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- I.T. Skills:
- Microsoft Word
- New Business Database (Sales force – training provided)
- Acturis – knowledge and awareness
Eligibility to work in the UK Essential
Competitive Benefits Package
Established in 1974 Stackhouse Poland has grown significantly achieving significant success in delivering the highest quality insurance advice and service. The company organises its client service and support by trading division in order to ensure appropriate and tailored service and product to meet the needs of its customers. The trading divisions comprise Commercial & Community, Private Clients, Healthcare & Protection, Real Estate and a number of specialisms including Lloyds, Medical Malpractice, Yacht and International business. Stackhouse Poland is now part of Gallagher, a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. Gallagher prides itself in helping businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. All employees of Gallagher live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customised solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Our employing entity, Arthur J. Gallagher Services (UK) Limited, is proud to be accredited as a Living Wage employer with the Living Wage Foundation. Gallagher is committed to diversity of opportunity for all and is opposed to any form of less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender or gender identity, marital status, civil partnership status, parental status, race, ethnicity, colour, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, religion/ belief, age and those with caring responsibilities.