Job title: Real Estate Underwriter
Reports to: Head of Real Estate Underwriting
Office location: Holyrood Street
Trading Division/Group Function: Real Estate
Salary to be confirmed at Interview stage
Stackhouse Poland is a specialist insurance broker providing a relationship and advice driven service. The company organises its client service and support by trading division in order to ensure appropriate and tailored service and product to meet the needs of its customers. The trading divisions comprise Commercial & Community, Private Clients, Healthcare & Protection, Real Estate and a number of specialisms including Lloyds, Medical Malpractice and International business.
Established in 1974 Stackhouse Poland has grown significantly achieving significant success in delivering the highest quality insurance advice and service.
The company prides itself on always doing the right thing for its customers and employees and in turn this philosophy has delivered success for the company.
A Real Estate Underwriter is a key role in the business as they are responsible for ensuring the instructions relating to the provision of insurance cover for clients is properly administered and processed. The role requires highly effective communication skills, technical understanding of Real Estate product offering, good organisation skills and a keen eye for detail. The role provides advice and a full cycle service to Stackhouse colleagues and therefore requires a level of competence to be evidenced, this is achieved by attaining CERT CII and obtaining an underwriting licence, overseen and administered by Aviva.
- To be responsible for the day-to-day servicing and growth of the Real Estate Binders
- To carry out the administration on the Real Estate Binder system in accordance with Insurers procedures
- To ensure instructions are processed, recorded and confirmed in a timely and efficient manner
- Sign off documentation for the division in accordance with authority granted under binder schemes
- To comply with relevant regulatory requirements and the company’s procedures
- To maintain good working relationships with clients, colleagues, insurers and other suppliers
- Actively support the brokers in placing business on the binders whilst ensuring the end clients’ needs are met
- To undergo training in line with agreed objectives and keep up to date with technical, legal and market developments
- Immediately to advise your Manager of any problems which may fall outside your authority, level of experience or which in any way detract from your ability to achieve your work objectives
- To undertake any additional duties, or assist other members of staff, as may be reasonably requested by your Manager or the Directors
- Responsible for maintaining accurate record keeping of insurance provided.
- Ensure mid-term reviews are undertaken and any required changes are accurately processed and recorded to fully meet the client’s needs.
- Operating within the parameters of the Real Estate binders, referring to Insurers where appropriate for new business, renewals, mid-term adjustments, diary management and day to day referrals
- Authorised to bind insurance for MS Amlin, AXA, Aviva, Covea, Zurich and RSA, complete documentation
- Quote for Engineering Inspection and Insurance
- Ensures all aspects of Group Compliance and Operational requirements are met and maintained.
- Ensures knowledge and understanding in the main classes of insurance and places premiums within the Group placement strategy.
- Ensures that insurer DA instructions are followed and maintained
- Works well within a team and demonstrates support and flexibility to colleagues in the achievement of team objectives.
- Maintains and develops personal knowledge and skills through continuing personal development.
- Excellent service ethos
- Administration, organisation and prioritisation of own work
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Adheres to SP values
25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rated to days of work), Medical Cash Plan, Long Service Awards, Pension, Death in Service Award, Employee Assistance Program, Company Sick Pay, Discretionary Bonus scheme, Chartered Institute of Insurers Professional Development Bonus, Employee Referral Bonus, time off to give blood, time off for charity work. An in-depth induction programme is provided.
Stackhouse Poland are an equal opportunities employer and do not permit discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.