Job Title: IBA Clerk
Reports to: Group Finance Director
Office location: Guildford Office
Trading Division/Group Function: Finance
Position Type: 6 months Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 depending on experience
Established in 1974 Stackhouse Poland has grown significantly achieving significant success in delivering the highest quality insurance advice and service.
Stackhouse Poland is a specialist insurance broker providing a relationship and advice driven service. The trading divisions comprise of the following: Commercial & Community, Private Clients, Healthcare & Protection, Real Estate and a number of specialisms including Lloyds, Medical Malpractice and International business.
The company prides itself on always doing the right thing for its customers and employees and in turn this philosophy has delivered success for the company. The company offers a competitive benefits package.
The IBA Accounts Clerk will work within a team that are responsible for maintenance and day-to-day handling of the insurance broking Ledgers ensuring timely collection and/or settling balances from/to customers/insurers/appointed representatives and introducers.
- Reconciling insurer statements and settling on our Acturis system
- Investigating discrepancies with the insurers ledgers and our own ledgers
- Raising payments on the company’s banking system
- Working with Brokers to resolve queries on payments
- Reconciling introducer payments
- Investigating and resolving unallocated cash and funding issues
- Resolution of legacy balances
- Working with other team leaders to ensure the whole insurance finance function is as efficient as possible
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record of working in insurance and finance
- Highly Numerate
- Proficient in Ms Office Excel
- Ability to work under own initiative
- A positive, friendly and enthusiastic attitude
- A desire to make a positive difference to an organisation
- Experience of using the Acturis broking platform would be a distinct advantage
25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rated to days of work), Medical Cash Plan, Long Service Awards, Pension, Death in Service Award, Employee Assistance Program, Company Sick Pay, Discretionary Bonus scheme, Chartered Institute of Insurers Professional Development Bonus, Employee Referral Bonus, time off to give blood, time off for charity work. An in-depth induction programme is provided.
Stackhouse Poland are an equal opportunities employer and do not permit discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.