Job Title: Account Handler
Reports to: Account Director Commercial & Community
Office location: Guildford
Trading Division/Group Function: Commercial & Community
Established in 1974 Stackhouse Poland has grown significantly achieving significant success in delivering the highest quality insurance advice and service.
Stackhouse Poland is a specialist insurance broker providing a relationship and advice driven service. The trading divisions comprise of the following: Commercial & Community, Private Clients, Healthcare & Protection, Real Estate and a number of specialisms including Lloyds, Medical Malpractice and International business.
The company prides itself on always doing the right thing for its customers and employees and in turn this philosophy has delivered success for the company. The company offers a competitive benefits package.
An Account Handler is a key role in the Insurance Office working alongside Account Executives and having responsibility for ensuring the instructions relating to the provision of insurance cover for clients is properly administered and processed. The role requires highly effective client communication skills, good organisation skills and a keen eye for detail. The role provides advice to clients and therefore requires a level of competence to be evidenced, this is achieved by attaining CERT CII.
- Responsible for taking instructions from clients, Head of Office and/or Account Executive’s relating to the provision of insurance cover.
- Preparing and negotiating renewals on behalf of Account Executives.
- To build relationships and trust with clients to become their first point of referral.
- Responsible for maintaining accurate record keeping of insurance provided and the accounting of and collection of premiums.
- Ensure mid-term adjustments are accurately processed and recorded to fully meet the client’s needs.
- Ensuring that the client at all times is treated with professionalism and respect.
- Ensures clients are aware of the SP range of service offerings, including Premium Finance to ensure all client needs are met.
- Ensures all aspects of Group Compliance and Operational requirements are met and maintained.
- Ensures knowledge and understanding in the main classes of insurance.
- Ensures that client premiums are collected in accordance with the company’s credit terms.
- Works well within a team and demonstrates support and flexibility to colleagues in the achievement of team objectives.
- Maintains and develops personal knowledge and skills through continuing personal development.
- Excellent client service ethos
- Knowledge of commercial insurances
- Administration, organisation and prioritisation of own work
- Effective written and verbal communication
- Compliance with company and regulatory requirements
- Adheres to SP values
- Cert CII qualified or working towards
25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays (pro-rated to days of work), Medical Cash Plan, Long Service Awards, Pension, Death in Service Award, Employee Assistance Program, Company Sick Pay, Discretionary Bonus scheme, Chartered Institute of Insurers Professional Development Bonus, Employee Referral Bonus, time off to give blood, time off for charity work. An in-depth induction programme is provided.
Stackhouse Poland are an equal opportunities employer and do not permit discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.