Juliette Mellman-Jones, Medico-Legal Director at the Medical Professional Indemnity Group, a trading style of Stackhouse Poland, features in the 2019 Power 50 awards: a roll call of 50 powerful executives in the UK – who all happen to work part time or flexibly. The 2019 Timewise Power 50 Awards have been compiled by the flexibility specialists Timewise.
As Medico-Legal Director of the MPI Group, a specialty specific medical defence organisation, Juliette leads the medico-legal advisory service, providing advice and support to members of professional indemnity schemes facing unfamiliar medico-legal problems. As a practising solicitor, she also represents members who are subject to disciplinary or regulatory investigations and may risk being struck off by the General Medical Council.
She heads up the wider team of indemnity advisers and brokers, ensuring that members are given the best possible service. Juliette began working part time in 2002, when her daughter was born and to allow her to care for her mother, who had Multiple Sclerosis. She has been promoted and moved organisations twice in the intervening years, always on a part-time basis.
Juliette Mellman-Jones said, “I am delighted and proud to be named in the 2019 Power 50 Awards which I have long admired. Part-time and flexible working amongst senior business leaders is to be celebrated and valued, so any small contribution I can make to further that objective is worthwhile in my view.”
Timewise conducted the nationwide call to action for nominations in September, calling upon the public to nominate inspirational individuals they knew, who work part time / flexibly at senior levels.
Founder Karen Mattison led the judging panel which included:
- Katie Bickerstaffe, is currently a Non-Executive Director of Marks and Spencer plc and is working on a project for SSE plc.
- Lynn Rattigan, Chief Operating Officer at EY, UK & Ireland
- Jo Morrell, Managing Editor, The Telegraph
- Sophie Cornish, Co-founder, notonthehighstreet
- Assad Malic, Director of Investor Relations, PR & Corporate Affairs, Dixons Carphone
- Fiona Cannon OBE, Group Responsible Business & Inclusion Director, Lloyds Banking Group
- Sally Bundock, News Presenter and Financial Journalist, BBC
- Janvi Patel, Co-founder and Chairwoman, Halebury
- James Dowling, Head of Talent Engagement in Europe, Diageo
- Karen Mattison MBE, Co-founder, Timewise
- Emma Stewart MBE, Co-founder & CEO, Timewise
After hearing from hundreds of people, the judges compiled a list of 50 deemed to be the most outstanding. The list is not ranked or numbered in any way, and you can view the full list here.